Operations Engineer, Contractor
**12 month contract**
This Operations Engineer position will be responsible for operational support and customer care with regard to iconectiv messaging products and will be contributing to the completion of all operational tasks under the general direction of the manager. Candidates must be able to handle moderately complex issues independently, have full hands-on experience in messaging related products, have experience working with complex systems, monitoring information systems and product operations and scripting. This role ensures the effective monitoring of the products and responses to hardware, database, software, and network problems. You will be expected to actively participate on projects from concept, design, development, through launch to market. We are looking for someone that can be a team player and has strong problem-solving, good hands-on technical skills and communication skills.
The Operations Engineer shall also schedule and direct activities to resolve software problems related to products in a timely and accurate fashion:
- Work on deployment, maintenance, and support of current and new data center infrastructure including disaster recovery and high availability systems.
- Experience in complex troubleshooting and resolve critical or escalated technical issues.
- Tests, configures, and troubleshoot operational and network issues.
- Ability to write simple SQL Queries and has basic maintenance skills with MS SQL and MySQL database systems.
- Has familiarity using Wireshark and other protocol analyzers for system and network troubleshooting.
- Participates actively in on-call rotations to support customers, which may include occasional after hours, weekends and national holiday shift work.
- Take part in the development of processes and creates documentations, troubleshooting guide for new areas of work or knowledge.
- Have hands on knowledge of Linux/Unix operating systems.
- B.E degree in Computer Science, Electronics or Electrical Engineering in technology and or equivalent work experience
- High proficiency in SQL (MS SQL/ MySQL / MongoDB.), Python, BASH shell scripting and CRON scheduling
- 3+ years of working in technical operations, experience is a must
- Monitoring experience in Nagios, Data Dog, Cloud Watch or similar is desired.
- Hands-on and demonstratable experience in configuration management skills to automate repetitive tasks
- Excellent phone and verbal, writing communication skills. Good communication skills are a must to handle customers, technical and non-technical staff.
- Excellent work ethics and customer focus
- Initiative, critical thinking and good follow through are key
- Experience with reporting, metrics, SLA management, and quality assurance
- Any experience with Service Now or Jira or similar ticketing system is a plus
- US Citizenship required
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
- Willingness to work in a 24/7 environments in case the need arises
- Familiarity with anti-spam messaging products.
- Experience with AWS is desired.
- Elastic search, Kibana and similar big data platforms is a big plus.
- Fundamental understanding of Internet networking protocols: SMPP, TCP/IP, TLS, DNS, HTTP, SMTP and SOAP protocol is a plus.
- Ops Automation tools (Jenkins, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Formations, etc.)
- Supports the restoration of the application and service operation as quickly as possible to minimize the impact to customer’s business operations.
- Responsible for planning and coordinating all activities required to perform, monitor, and report on the incident remediation and Disaster Recovery efforts.