Legal Counsel, Employment and Compliance
iconectiv has an immediate opening for an attorney with expertise in Employment law and Compliance. This position will report to the EVP- General Counsel and be part of a small, but extremely busy Legal and Contracts team.
The qualified candidate for this position would be expected to:
- Advise Human Resources with respect to international and domestic employment matters, such as staffing, retention, benefits, reductions in force and compliance matters.
- Advise on and assist, as needed, in creating, implementing, and managing corporate compliance policies and practices for areas such as export control, intellectual property, privacy, and data security matters.
- Advise and assist, as needed, in updating, implementing, and managing corporate Code of Conduct
- Coordinate and manage corporate investigations
- Support compliance reviews and audits
- Serve as point of contact for subpoenas and litigation matters
- Manage outside counsel as needed
- Work closely with other attorneys and Contract Management team on any additional matters which may require support.
- J.D. from an ABA accredited law school with excellent academic credentials and admission to the NJ state bar
- 8+ years of experience, preferably a combination of law firm and in-house and preferably in support of technology software and services businesses
- Expertise in employment law and providing legal counsel with respect to employment matters, corporate compliance, and governance is required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to treat sensitive/confidential information with appropriate discretion
- High energy, self-starter with a “can-do” attitude, strong drive for results and a demonstrated passion for understanding and meeting company needs
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently, as well as collaborate with cross functional teams to achieve high quality results